Daily Revolt

September 20, 2007

Defense Secretary Gates: 'I Don't Know' If Iraq War Worth It

This is Bush's own Defense Secretary saying this. Is this not definitive proof that the war was a mistake? Gates obviously can only lie so much for his boss. The Secretary, who is essentially and errand boy, will less influence as a result of his candor. The Bush gang does not tolerate dissension:
It's been an article of faith for the Bush administration that the invasion of Iraq was the right thing to do.

However, the man now in charge of running that war said he is not sure.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates' stunningly candid answer came in an interview with New York Times columnist David Brooks.

Asked if the invasion of Iraq was worth doing, Gates first rephrased the question: "If I'd known then what I know now, would I have done the same? I think the answer is, 'I don't know.'"

Compare that to the words of President Bush, who has said consistently and forcefully that the invasion was the right thing to do.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button