Daily Revolt

October 13, 2007

Former Qwest CEO: NSA Punished Firm for not Cooperating in Warrantless Spy Program

This proves that the Bush warrantless spying program had nothing to do with 9-11:
A former Qwest Communications International executive, appealing a conviction for insider trading, has alleged that the government withdrew opportunities for contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars after Qwest refused to participate in an unidentified National Security Agency program that the company thought might be illegal.

Former chief executive Joseph P. Nacchio, convicted in April of 19 counts of insider trading, said the NSA approached Qwest more than six months before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to court documents unsealed in Denver this week.

Details about the alleged NSA program have been redacted from the documents, but Nacchio's lawyer said last year that the NSA had approached the company about participating in a warrantless surveillance program to gather information about Americans' phone records.

Read entire Washington Post Article...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home